Friday, October 23, 2009

About Me.....

Hello, my name is Raechelle, and I am obsessed with reading. I read all the time. I read blogs and websites. I read magazines and books. When I have free time and have forgotten to bring a book with me, I read things on my iPhone. I LOVE to read.

Books are my favorite (though pop culture blogs can keep me engrossed as well). I will read just about any work of fiction. For some time I was an Amazon junkie. That was until I realized that a three book a week habit was getting a bit expensive to continue. Now I take the Amazon recommendations and cross reference them with books the local library system has to offer. Don't get me wrong, I still buy a bunch of books, I just try to keep it limited to reference books and books for my kids. And though Amazon recommendations are very accurate (some of my recent favorites have been The Help and Water for Elephants), there is nothing that can compare to walking through row upon row of shelves filled with books, waiting for inspiration to jump out at you.

Now, I know that all avid readers fancy themselves to be book reviewers. This blog isn't meant to be a review, so much as it is to be a book report for me. It will help me remember which series I have read, who they are by, and if I liked the book.

So please enjoy my musings about the things I have read.

No comments:

Post a Comment